Whether you have had an LED treatment before, or are complete newcomer, we have the answers to your questions.
1. Are LED face masks safe?
This is a really important question, and the simple answer is yes they are, but with a big caveat. The device must be FDA-cleared.
The Boost LED Mask and Bib have been through rigorous testing because they are cleared to use without the presence of a professional. For this reason, we focus on specifics like safe optical output and recommended treatment times.
Our devices are Portable and Professional, and you can be fully comfortable in the knowledge that they are made to the highest standards with nothing compromised.
Eye safety - The Boost is designed so you can multi task whilst wearing, and has been tested to the highest internationally recognised eye safety standards and deemed safe to use on uncovered eyes. However, if you have eye sensitivity to light glare, you can close your eyes and lay back and relax. Alternatively, we can recommend some LED eye shields for you to use.
2. How often should I use my device?
For best results, treat skin for a minimum 3 to 5 days a week for 10 to 20 minutes to plump, brighten, lift, treat uneven skin tone and texture, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, heal inflammation, feed the mind, body, and soul, penetrate your daily essentials deeper into the skin, and hydrate the complexion.⠀
3. Can I overuse my device?
You can use the device according to your skin's needs and schedule. The body doesn’t store light, and instead processes it as it needs it. However it can only absorb so much, so once your batteries are fully charged, they’ll need to use the energy before requiring charging again - this of course is individual to the person and not something we can measure.
If you are feeling tired and want to use it daily, you can. If you feel 3-5 times a week is enough, this is clinically-proven to be effective.
The devices are designed and safe to be used daily.
4. How do I treat the skin pre- and post LED?
1. CLEANSE. Start with a double cleanse, The Light Salon way. Remove any daily grime. We recommend no less than a 1-minute massage, not forgetting your hairline and down around the ears.
2. SPRITZ. Your second cleanse is a very generous spritz of the Boost Cleanse & Recovery Spray across your full face, both sides, and down the centre. The key ingredient is Hypochlorous, a powerful antimicrobial, which offers the deepest of deep cleans.
3. REPLENISH. Optional: While your face is still damp, apply 3-4 drops of your favourite serum, preferably something with Vitamin C, Niacinamide or Peptides. For dehydrated or stressed skin, add a light layer of cream mask. No essential oils, exfoliants or Retinols at this stage.
4. BOOST LED MASK. Now it's time to really give back to your skin. Take your Boost LED Mask, secure the back and top straps, and deliver a 10 minute dose of light (for an extra skin treat, double dose your treatment time.)
5. POST CARE. Daytime: remove your Boost and apply a nourishing moisturiser, with uplifting circular strokes and tapping movements. Follow with an even layer of SPF to the whole face, not forgetting up to the hairline and neck.
Night-time: remove your Boost and apply your PM resurfacing or Retinol products.
5. How does LED benefit the mind, body and soul?
LED has a balancing affect on our bodies, which can benefit us in more ways than one.
The lights trigger cellular and circulatory reactions, which not only help lower cortisol, our stress hormone. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It can trigger the release of nitric oxide within each cell, our de-stress hormone, plus boost the production of serotonin and dopamine, our happy hormones. All positive reactions required for a calmer body and mind.
SHOP ALL PRODUCTS
The Light Salon Boost devices are designed and created by Omnilux, a world class team of scientists and biochemists and the leaders in non-invasive LED technology.